2 men plead innocent in goat theft | Crime
The two men accused of stealing and slaughtering a pregnant goat on Kauai last month claim their are innocent.
Ryan Winchell, 29, and Russell Hoomanawanui, 29, of Kilauea pleaded not guilty to charges including theft of livestock, criminal property damage and cruelty to animals at their arraignment on Wednesday.
According to the owners of the Kunana Dairy in Moloa'a, their pet goat Kaitlyn was slaughtered one week before she was due to give birth to two babies.
Winchell is free on $8,100 bail while Hoomanawanui is free on $8,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for June 30.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Celebrate National Library Week - See Double Feature at Ewa Beach Library on April 14
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- Avalon development co. Purchases industrial park in Kapolei; 17 fee-simple lots to go on sale
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free "Design on a Dollar" Seminar
- CBP's NATO West Program Helps New Recruits Transition Quickly to Career in Real Estate
- Kapolei Library Offers Spring Reading Program and Adult Event in March
- CBP hosts “Off-Base Housing: How Military Personnel Buy and Sell in Hawaii” Seminar