2 men plead innocent in goat theft | Crime
The two men accused of stealing and slaughtering a pregnant goat on Kauai last month claim their are innocent.
Ryan Winchell, 29, and Russell Hoomanawanui, 29, of Kilauea pleaded not guilty to charges including theft of livestock, criminal property damage and cruelty to animals at their arraignment on Wednesday.
According to the owners of the Kunana Dairy in Moloa'a, their pet goat Kaitlyn was slaughtered one week before she was due to give birth to two babies.
Winchell is free on $8,100 bail while Hoomanawanui is free on $8,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for June 30.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Malama Learning Center to host Lauhala Weaving for Beginners workshop
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach
- Kapolei Library Celebrates 10th Anniversary this Saturday, August 23
- Mini-golf charity takes up cause for grief-stricken children in Hawai'i
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free "Right Sizing Your Life" Seminar
- WEST OAHU STUDENTS RECEIVE $41,000 SCHOLARSHIPS
- Kapolei Shopping Center's free UKULELE JAM features Kuana Torres Kahele and others