2 men plead innocent in goat theft | Crime
The two men accused of stealing and slaughtering a pregnant goat on Kauai last month claim their are innocent.
Ryan Winchell, 29, and Russell Hoomanawanui, 29, of Kilauea pleaded not guilty to charges including theft of livestock, criminal property damage and cruelty to animals at their arraignment on Wednesday.
According to the owners of the Kunana Dairy in Moloa'a, their pet goat Kaitlyn was slaughtered one week before she was due to give birth to two babies.
Winchell is free on $8,100 bail while Hoomanawanui is free on $8,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for June 30.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- See "Despicable Me 2" at Ewa Beach Library on Jan. 28
- Children's Author Will Read Christmas Book at Ewa Beach Library
- CBP's NATO West program helps new recruits transition quickly to career in real estate
- EMS puts four new ambulances into service
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts "Unlocking the Mysteries of Photovoltaic Systems" Seminar
- Kualakai Parkway reopened following oil spill
- Hear Hawaii Health Connector Speaker at Kapolei Library on Feb. 19
- Homeless man dies after Maili stabbing, suspect arrested
- No contest plea in $20K Nanakuli school theft
- Pacific Links Hawai'i Foundation Gifts $200,000 to Local Non-Profits
- Waianae pedestrian dragged for blocks under car
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Waipahu