2 men plead innocent in goat theft | Crime
The two men accused of stealing and slaughtering a pregnant goat on Kauai last month claim their are innocent.
Ryan Winchell, 29, and Russell Hoomanawanui, 29, of Kilauea pleaded not guilty to charges including theft of livestock, criminal property damage and cruelty to animals at their arraignment on Wednesday.
According to the owners of the Kunana Dairy in Moloa'a, their pet goat Kaitlyn was slaughtered one week before she was due to give birth to two babies.
Winchell is free on $8,100 bail while Hoomanawanui is free on $8,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for June 30.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meet "Daughter of the Air" Author at Kapolei Library on December 7
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Meet "Nemu Nemu" Webcomic Creator at Kapolei Library this Wednesday, Nov. 6
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free “Flooring Options for Your Home” Seminar
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts “Preparing for Rising Flood Insurance Premiums” Seminar