Update on Hanalei transfer station driveway project | Environment
HANALEI – White goods and scrap metal will not be accepted at the Hanalei transfer station until Tuesday, April 10 due to the improvements being made to the driveway.
Previously it had been reported that these services would be suspended for today only.
The Department of Public Works apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
Other services at the facility are also affected by the planned repair work including green waste and mixed waste.
The green waste drop-off service will be suspended for the duration of the driveway project from April 5 to April 14.
The mixed waste operation will be limited to bagged trash from April 6 to April 14. Loose mixed waste will not be accepted.
All of the other diversion programs will continue at the Hanalei transfer station.
The public is advised that while the repair work is being done, large trucks hauling construction material in and out of the lower access driveway will affect movement at the facility.
Normal operations at the Hanalei transfer station are expected to resume on Saturday, April 14.
All transfer stations are open daily from 7:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. except on holidays such as Good Friday, April 6.
Anyone with questions can call the county’s solid waste operations superintendant at 652-0282.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meet "Daughter of the Air" Author at Kapolei Library on December 7
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Meet "Nemu Nemu" Webcomic Creator at Kapolei Library this Wednesday, Nov. 6
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free “Flooring Options for Your Home” Seminar
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts “Preparing for Rising Flood Insurance Premiums” Seminar