Online survey allows public to weigh in on budget priorities | News
The following information was provided by the County of Kauai:
The public will have an opportunity to let the Mayor know what the county’s budget priorities for next fiscal year should be via a user-friendly on-line survey.
“We are already actively planning for our fiscal year 2014 (FY14) budget submittal, and the public’s input will help us greatly to determine the priority needs that need to be addressed,” stated Mayor Carvalho.
The survey consists of six questions and can be completed in 15 minutes or less.
The Mayor’s FY14 submittal is due to the Council on March 15, 2013, however department heads began developing their budget proposals in early August, and have also been in contact with councilmembers to help determine the areas of critical need.
“We want to seek input much earlier in the process, from the council and the public at large, so that we can look at all options and develop a proposal that makes sense for our island,” stated the Mayor.
The survey can be accessed at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/kauaibudget, or in the “What’s New” section of the County of Kaua‘i’s homepage (www.kauai.gov). The survey will be open for public input through December 15, 2012.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Celebrate National Library Week - See Double Feature at Ewa Beach Library on April 14
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- Avalon development co. Purchases industrial park in Kapolei; 17 fee-simple lots to go on sale
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free "Design on a Dollar" Seminar
- CBP's NATO West Program Helps New Recruits Transition Quickly to Career in Real Estate
- Kapolei Library Offers Spring Reading Program and Adult Event in March
- CBP hosts “Off-Base Housing: How Military Personnel Buy and Sell in Hawaii” Seminar