Man sentenced in break-in at home of 'South Park' co-creator | News
LIHUE, Hawaii (AP) - A 45-year-old man convicted of breaking into the Hawaii home of "South Park" co-creator Trey Parker on Kauai has been sentenced to a year in jail and five years' probation.
Former Kauai police officer Joseph Genaro Bonachita of Hanapepe (ha-NAH'-peh-PEH') pleaded no contest in May to amended charges of misdemeanor criminal trespass and terroristic threatening plus illegally keeping a weapon in his vehicle.
He was sentenced Wednesday in 5th Circuit Court to concurrent six-month sentences on the misdemeanor counts and probation for the weapons count.
The Garden Island reports Bonachita in July 2009 entered the home and showed up at Parker's bedroom with a knife.
Bonachita's ex-girlfriend, a friend of Parker's, was with Parker at the home. She yelled at the intruder until he left.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- See "Despicable Me 2" at Ewa Beach Library on Jan. 28
- Children's Author Will Read Christmas Book at Ewa Beach Library
- CBP's NATO West program helps new recruits transition quickly to career in real estate
- EMS puts four new ambulances into service
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts "Unlocking the Mysteries of Photovoltaic Systems" Seminar
- Kualakai Parkway reopened following oil spill
- Hear Hawaii Health Connector Speaker at Kapolei Library on Feb. 19
- Homeless man dies after Maili stabbing, suspect arrested
- No contest plea in $20K Nanakuli school theft
- Pacific Links Hawai'i Foundation Gifts $200,000 to Local Non-Profits
- Waianae pedestrian dragged for blocks under car
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Waipahu