Lydgate Ponds closed until further notice | News
WAILUA – Ocean Safety officials have posted “no swimming” signs along the Lydgate Beach ponds due to safety concerns.
Lifeguards report muddy waters and debris remain in the ponds as a result of the heavy rains that occurred earlier this month.
The State Department of Health is currently taking water quality samples. The beach will reopen when the water is deemed safe for swimming.
Those wanting to swim or snorkel are advised to go to Po'ipū, Salt Pond or Kekaha beaches.
For more information about ocean safety, please log on to www.kauaiexplorer.com, speak to a county lifeguard, or contact the Ocean Safety Bureau at 241-4984.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach
- Ewa Makai Middle School Principal named as finalist in $25,000 School Leadership Award