The Kauai Bus offers modified routes during Kalihiwai Bridge closure | News
The Kauai Bus will be offering modified service to and from Princeville and Hanalei on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week due to the scheduled closure of the Kalihiwai Bridge in Kilauea.
The Kalihiwai Bridge will be closed between 5p.m. and 7 p.m. on both Tuesday, April 3 and Wednesday, April 4. To accommodate the closure, The Kauai Bus announces the following route modifications:
- The Route 500 bus scheduled to leave Lihue at 3:25 p.m. will be transferring all Hanalei-bound passengers onto a shuttle at the Kilauea Gym. This shuttle will serve as the last bus into Hanalei prior to the road closure, arriving in Hanalei at about 4:50 p.m.
- The Route 500 buses scheduled to leave Lihue at 3:55 p.m., 4:25 p.m. and 5:25 p.m. must end in Kilauea.
- The Route 400 buses must begin from Kilauea to Lihue, leaving Kilauea at 5:31 p.m. and 6:31 p.m.
- During the road closure, bus service between Hanalei and Princeville will be provided as scheduled, with the exception of the 5:10 p.m. Princeville to Hanalei run which has been cancelled.
The State Department of Transportation earlier announced the Kalihiwai Bridge closure due to a tree trimming and removal process that is causing a potential safety hazard along the bridge as a result of the heavy rains that occurred on Kauai last month.
For more information on the modified bus routes visit The Kauai Bus website at www.kauai.gov/transportation <http://www.kauai.gov/transportation> or call 246-8110.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Celebrate National Library Week - See Double Feature at Ewa Beach Library on April 14
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- Avalon development co. Purchases industrial park in Kapolei; 17 fee-simple lots to go on sale
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free "Design on a Dollar" Seminar
- CBP's NATO West Program Helps New Recruits Transition Quickly to Career in Real Estate
- Kapolei Library Offers Spring Reading Program and Adult Event in March
- CBP hosts “Off-Base Housing: How Military Personnel Buy and Sell in Hawaii” Seminar